My Realm

A parallel algorithm which went down




While working on the Grid(yes that's what I do all day) I thought lets parallelize the file sharing code and designed a decent algorithm which broke the file into pieces, hosted each piece on a TCP server, and multiple clients could download them or a single client with multiple connections on the servers could download the file in a parallel fashion. The experiment worked but did not yield expected results. Not only the speed was intolerably slow but was varying. I expected it to settle down on a constant time since it was a parallel map operation and hence O(1) but hell it didn't. Look into the code if you want to modify or want to go on a bug hunt.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am on Wordpress too.|No Copyright © 2014



Powered by Blogger.